Imagine a winter where you actually saved money on energy bills rather than cringing every time you saw the bill in the mail. Sounds crazy, right? Well, you can spend a little bit to save a lot this season and if you follow the energy-saving tips below you might just be surprise when that bill arrives.
- Now that you’ve had a Mitsubishi Electric heating and cooling system installed, keep the heat in by choking your chimney. A tightly closed damper can save 8% or heated air or more from escaping and it doesn’t cost anything at all. All you need to do is make sure it’s closed after each fire.
- In addition to closing the damper, consider having high-efficiency windows installed. Double- or triple-pane models can cut energy costs by 25% or more.
- Take a walk around your house and look for air leaks. Cracks, gaps and openings around windows, doors, plumbing and wiring can cost you nearly 10% on energy bills. Add caulk or weatherstripping to fill them in and eliminate drafts.
- Show Energy Star some love. From appliances to light bulbs and anything in between, Energy Star-rated products can save you at least 15% on energy bills annually. And although it may cost a pretty penny up-front for new appliances, the payback time is only about 5-8 years. It’s worth it if you ask us!
- Unplug electrical devices when they’re not in use. Even if they’re turned off, but still plugged in, they’re consuming energy.
Aside from electrical installations and repairs for residential, commercial and institutional clients, we also provide quality HVAC service to keep your home comfortable. Give the friendly neighborhood home experts at GEN3 Electric a call today at 215-512-4102.