You probably know that ENERGYSTAR certified LED light bulbs can save you a fortune. You also probably know that they last much longer than traditional incandescent light bulbs. But we’re going to bet that there are lots of things you don’t know about LED lighting so we’re going to let you in on a few secrets:
- Who certifies ENERGYSTAR light bulbs? Manufacturers submit products to accredited labs for testing. Results are then evaluated by third parties for a pass or fail rating. Why? This helps to ensure that you are getting the best possible experience from your lighting.
- These bulbs are evaluated from a list of more than 20 attributes.
- Bulbs come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors that are proven to last. They are subject to 6 different requirements for color to make sure they will last over their long lifespan.
- LED bulbs will likely last longer than most things in your home. They undergo thousands of hours of testing to support the claims of their 20+ year lifespan.
- Most are dimmable. This is another great way that you can save on energy bills.
- No matter the size and type of fixture, there’s a bulb for it. From A-shapes to globes, and candles they make them all.
- It’s one of the easiest ways to lower your electricity bills. Although they cost a bit more than traditional bulbs upfront, over their lifespan you can expect to save about $75 per bulb.