Ever been asked if you got dressed in the dark? We sure hope not. If you have, it probably means that you’re not looking your best - maybe your clothes don’t match or maybe your shirt is inside out! But we’ve got the perfect solution so that you’ll never be asked that question again, or at least so you can say “no” with confidence. (We can’t guarantee that your clothes are always going to match, though. That part is up to you.)
With automatic closet lighting, you’ll never have to flip on a switch. Just open the door, take a step inside and voila, let there be light!
The Installation Process
- First, locate the power source near your closet and turn it off. Then, cut the power line with wire cutters and add an additional junction box.
- Next, splice new wires to the old connection and then locate space between the studs in the ceiling and drill a hole. This will be the location for the switch.
- Feed two wires through the hole - to power the switch and to power the fixture and then drill another hole where you want the fixture to go.
- Make the connections to the light fixture and then break out the saw to cut a square hole in the drywall. Feed both sets of wires through and install the box.
- Splice all wires together and connect the motion activated switch.
And if that sounds like too much work, you can always give the expert electricians at GEN3 Electric a call! We specialize in residential electrical installations in the Philadelphia area and would be more than happy to help out with your project. Call us at 215-512-4102.