Will your home be ready to withstand the next severe winter storm in Philadelphia? If you’re not taking the necessary precautions, we can assure you that you’ll be in for some serious trouble. So, the next time the forecast calls for heavy snow, wind, or ice here’s what you need to do to prepare:
- Protect your appliances and electrical devices by unplugging the power cords from outlets.
- Make sure your portable generator is in good working order prior to the storm. We recommend having a licensed electrician install it if it’s new or take a look at it if you’re having any problems to make sure it will operate safely.
- Check on smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Change the batteries if you haven’t done so in a while.
- Unplug and put away any exterior extension cords or electrical wires.
- Clean or replace the filter in your ductless heating system.
- Make sure you have flashlights on hand. Use them if the power goes out rather than lighting candles to prevent fires.
- If you must use a space heater to keep warm before the power goes out, plug it directly into a wall outlet and make sure it’s kept at least 3 feet away from flammable objects.
If the storm knocks out the power to your home’s electrical system, know that you can count on us to get things back up and running!GEN3 Electric is fully licensed and insured. You will never get a machine when calling our office; a friendly voice will always be there to assist you. We are also a Mitsubishi Electric Diamond Contractor in Philadelphia. To learn more about our services, contact us today at 215-512-4102.