As the leaves begin to change color and we jump right feet-first into fall, lots of homeowners take to the outdoors to get work done around their homes. It’s a great time of year to complete projects you put off from the summer, but before you head out with your tools and your gear read the safety tips below:
- It’s time to store away those lawn mowers and trimmers that won’t be used again until spring. Check the wires on leaf blowers and snow blowers and make sure they’re not damaged.
- Don’t need batteries or chargers for certain tools this season? Safely store them indoors to avoid damage during the cooler seasons.
- Make sure any electrical cords that will be used outside are labeled for outdoor use.
- Keep dry leaves swept away from outdoor lighting, outlets and power cords.
- Be cautious when climbing ladders. Stay away from overhead power lines.
- If you or a family member will be using an electric blanket to keep warm as temperatures drop, never tuck them under mattresses.
At GEN3 Electric, electrical safety is taken very seriously. If you’re unsure about something inside or outside of your home, don’t hesitate to give us a call. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!