- Recessed Lighting makes rooms feel larger and increases property value at resale.
- Recessed Lighting affects your mood and helps with Seasonal Mood Disorders.
- Recessed Lighting with a dimmer switch can set the desired atmoshphere in the room from bright and high energy to mellow and calm.
- Recessed Lights add visual interest to your walls with changes in color temperature of your paint.
- Receessed lights are unintrusive and can provide a layer of lighting without affecting you room decor.
At GEN3 Electric, we strive to build strong relationships without customers and it’s our goal to learn a little more about you. But we also feel that it’s extremely important for you to know about us, especially before we show up at your home. See below to learn more about your friendly neighborhood electricians:Read More >
Need to power an outdoor outlet? Need electricity for landscaping? Need lights near the front door or back deck for safety and security? Then you’re going to need exterior wiring and there are some questions you should ask before thinking about tackling the project.Read More >
When temperatures heat up outside, homeowners are stuck in a constant battle between keeping the house cool and trying to keep energy bills to a minimum. And some older cooling systems cost and arm and a leg to operate. If you’re looking for a way to stay comfortable this season while keeping some green in your wallet, consider going ductless.Read More >
It’s that time of year again where homeowners across the Philadelphia area are spending more time outdoors getting the yard ready for warmer temperatures. And as we trim back the shrubs, mow the lawn and make sure exterior lights are working properly, chances are we’re using extension cords at some point in the process.Read More >
Learn what Knob and Tube is and how it affects home ownership. 7 common issues with K&T wiring arelisted below.
Owning a home is a significant investment and when managed correctly can reap substantial rewards now and in the future. Home ownership provides stability and security for your family and establishes a connection to your community. It impacts almost every facet of your life today and is a major factor in future financial plans.
Owners of older homes know that maintenance and upkeep are essential to protect your family and investment. For homes built prior to the 1950s, owners should be aware that their home could contain outdated knob and tube wiring (K&T). Replacing K&T wiring can help increase the value, safety, and functionality of your home.
- This is the electrical version of Beta vs VHS. This plug can fit both our parallel style plugs and Tandem plugs. The parallel style plugs are the type we use today. The un-grounded type like you would find on a lamp can still operate in an outlet like this. The Tandem style plug has two horizontal flat blades. They fell out of favor in the early part of this century. The tandem parallel combo outlet was still sold in store up to the 1960. This type of outlet is almost always attached to Knob and Tube wiring.
If you’ve seen our trucks around Philadelphia you might have noticed a cute little dog - our mascot. That’s Oggi, and he’s here to make sure GEN3 Electric technicians are regularly “trained,” certified and current on all electrical standards. Why? To make sure you get a job well-done! See what your friends are saying about us below:Read More >
Looking for something productive to do this weekend? We’ve got you covered! The 46th Annual Mt. Airy Day will be taking place this Saturday, May 7th from 11am-5pm at 6400 Germantown Ave. Come out with the whole family to eat, enjoy live entertainment, go shopping, play games and much more!Read More >