A burned outlet can result from a number of factors. The outlet itself may be faulty, the wiring powering it may be inadequate or there may be too much power strain on the outlet. All of these are hazards GEN3 can resolve for you.
The note by the next outlet below is an understatement if there ever was one! Outlets with signs of burning are a very serious safety concern that should be addressed immediately. The outlet itself clearly needs to be replaced, but there may be more to it than just the outlet.
An outlet may sound simple enough to replace, but don’t risk a fire for some vigilante home-repair justice on your own, or by having a handy man swap it out on the cheap. You can trust our friendly neighborhood home experts at GEN3 to thoroughly check the safety of your wiring and look for any other concerns that could put your home’s safety at risk.