Most companies out there aren’t what they used to be. What do we mean by that? We mean that lots of businesses out there offer flexible hours and lots of other perks that you would have never seen 20-30 years ago. Take working from home for example - there are tons of companies out there who allow their employees to work from home at least one day per week.
So, what does that have to do with electricity and energy bills? Just think about the office equipment you have set up in your home now that you have the ability to skip the commute into the office. With that said, homeowners across the country are saving BIG on energy bills by making sure their electronic equipment is energy efficient.
Energy Star Office Equipment
Contrary to popular belief, the Energy Star label can be found on lots of office equipment. From computers and printers to TVs and other small appliances, looking for the label can save you nearly 75% more energy than other products.
- Unplug electronic devices when they’re not being used.
- Use rechargeable batteries for phones, cameras and computers/laptops/tablets.
- Turn off the monitor if you are going to be away from the computer for more than 20 minutes.
- Turn off both the monitor and the CPU if you’re going to be away for more than 2 hours.
- Put your devices into “sleep” mode each time you get up from your desk.
Need your home rewired to turn a room into a home office? We’ve got you covered. From home protection devices to Cat5 Ethernet jacks we can take care of it all. Give GEN3 Electric a call today at 215-512-4102 to learn more about our services.